Shopping and shopping malls in Cancun
How varied can fashion be here if you live in the “never ending summer”?
I love fashion and especially the clothes for the summer. Nevertheless, I found that I lack the variety. I miss my winter stuff. In Cancun my wardrobe is limited to shorts with shirts and flip flops 365 days a year.
The shopping itself is clearly not an experience. There are a few shopping centers and also an outlet center. However, both are definitely not comparable to shopping in the US. Here is an overview of the shopping centers that we have in Cancun:
- Puerto Cancun Marina Town Center , Boulevard Kukulcan km 1, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, QR The Puerto Cancun Marina Town Center is the newest and in my opinion the most beautiful shopping center in Cancun, my personal highlight is the promenade with its view of the sea
- Plaza La Isla Cancun , Boulevard Kukulcan km 12.5 Lt 18-10, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, QR Plaza La Isla is probably the most touristic shopping center in Cancun. Really nice and it has a large selection of shops, but you are addressed about every 5 meters on any tours. The promenade is really nice and worth a visit to eat and drink there!
- Kukulcan Plaza , Boulevard Kukulcan KM 13 , LOCAL 410 y 411A, Benito Juárez, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, QR, In my opinion a visit is worthwhile only if you want to visit Forever 21 or the “Luxury Avenue” or it rains. The Kukulcan Plaza is a closed shopping center
- Plaza las Americas Cancun, Av. Tulum 260 77500 Cancún, the shopping center where I live has a cinema, a gym, a variety of shops such as Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, a supermarket etc. This shopping center is more for the locals. It is a normal shopping center with fast food area and if it rains you can certainly do that, but it is really no hit
- Las Plazas Outlet Cancun , Avenida Andrés Quintana Roo, 39, 77500 Cancún, QR, this shopping center consists of about 20 stores with clothes that nobody wants anymore. That sounds very hard, but I do not like this shopping center at all and I’ve never bought anything there. The things are a bit cheaper, but do not match my taste. So you can forget there nice food and drinks.
The prices here in the shops are not very cheap, normal as you know them from Germany. There is only a much less choice of everything. Once a year there is something like Black Friday here in Mexico, the “Buen Fin” which is a full weekend and always takes place in November. All stores offer discounts and promotions across the country. The “Buen Fin” is a great thing, especially for me as a Zara lover. It always takes place around the 16th of November. Still, even the locals prefer shopping trips to the US the rest of the year. Also decorative items for the apartment are here rare. That’s why I always bring everything that is not “nailed down” from Germany or send things to my friends, just before I come to visit them, so they bring the things with me. The need makes you inventive.
I am very glad that some stores offer worldwide delivery and deliver to Mexico.
An overview of my darlings and favorite online stores can be found here .